The Fogolar is always looking for outgoing and motivated individuals to serve, cook, or bartend. If you’re interested in the food and beverage industry, be it part-time, full-time, or for management, don’t hesitate to drop off your resume.
We are currently hiring an Operations Manager. Interested applicants may submit their application in person at the Office during regular business hours or by email to: email@example.com
The Fogolar Furlan Club of Windsor is proud to offer this rewarding career opportunity to a qualified service industry expert! This is an exciting time where we are expanding our operations and looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated individual with a passion for providing exceptional service.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Banquet and Member’s Bar Area. They will direct and motivate team associates while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards; monitor and control financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection; provide clear and concise communications to everyone involved; identifies training opportunities and plan strategies to accomplish goals. The ideal candidate should have the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and keep up in a fast paced environment.
Operations Manager core work activities:
Managing Banquet Operations
- Oversee purchasing and distribution beverage products for Member’s Bar and Banquet events, following LCBO/AGCO Policies and Guidelines
- Apply knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Understand the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs to ensure that all function and back-of-house areas are clean and meet required standards
- Complete scheduled inventories, stock and requisition of necessary supplies
- Use banquet and bar beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the beverage perpetual inventory.
- Oversee scheduling of banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assist team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
- Delegate tasks to improve departmental performance.
- Participate in daily briefings and department meetings with the Banquet and/or Management teams.
- Act as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
- Lead shifts and actively participates in the oversight of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Address guest concerns, requests, or issues.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Review guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Communicate and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Observe service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Monitor progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
Other Duties and Responsibilities as Required
Candidates for the Operations Manager position must possess excellent communication and organization skills and have computer proficiency. Must have a minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory / manager position in a similar role. Previous experience in the Hospitality industry, ideally in a Banquet environment is an asset.
What’s In It For You?
- Opportunity for Career Development
- Full Time Employment
- Paid Vacation Time
- Discount on Food and Events
- Benefits after Probationary Period (3 months)
- Beautiful working environment
- Friendly people
Job Type: Full-time
- Banquet Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)